Laser Engraving Machine, Laser Marking Machine
Difference Between Laser Marking and Laser Engraving
Laser marking and laser engraving are two different terms, but many people are confused by these. When buying a laser machine, Some people don’t know how to choose which one.
In recent years, with the development of technology and thanks to industrial and government regulations regarding clearly legible product and part identification, the processes of laser marking and laser engraving are increasing in popularity. Both technologies can provide permanent marking solutions. With laser marking or engraving, you can print patterns on wood, acrylic, stainless steel and other materials.
Since 2004, I have been dedicated to the laser equipment industry and have a good knowledge of laser. Now I am working for EMIT, guiding their laser technology, and developing new laser equipment.
Now, based on my work experience, I will introduce the differences between laser marking and laser engraving. If you read this tip, at the time of your purchase, I think you can choose the best laser machine.
Laser marking is one of the largest application areas of laser processing.
It is a technology of using a high-energy-density laser to irradiate a material, then the surface of material will vaporize, thereby leaving a permanent mark. Laser marking can mark various texts, symbols and patterns, and the character size can be from millimeters to micrometers, which has special significance for product anti-counterfeiting.
Advantages of laser marking
Laser marking improves work efficiency. Compared with traditional marking technology, it has many advantages.
- The laser light after focusing is like a knife, which can remove the material on the surface of the object point by point.
- The marking process is non-contact, which does not cause mechanical compression, so it will not damage the material.
- Because the laser focused size is small, the heat affected area is small, and the processing is fine, it can complete some processes that cannot be achieved by conventional methods.
- As long as the laser can work normally, it can be continuously processed for a long time.
- Laser marking is fast and low cost.
- Laser marking is automatically controlled by computer, saving manpower. What kind of information the laser can mark is only related to the content designed in the computer. As long as the specific system is entered in a computer, the laser marking machine can accurately mark the material.
Application of laser marking
Laser marking machine is a device manufactured using laser marking technology.
Laser marking machine uses scanning method to mark. The laser beam is incident on the two mirrors, the motor is controlled by a computer to drive the mirrors to rotate along the X and Y axes. After the laser beam is focused, it falls on the material to be marked, thereby forming a mark. The laser marking machine can mark almost all parts, and the production process is automate.
Laser marking machine is mainly used in some projects that require finer and higher precision. Such as electronic components, integrated circuits (IC), electrical appliances, mobile phone communications, hardware products, tool accessories, precision equipment, glasses and watches, jewelry, auto parts, plastic buttons, building materials, PVC pipes etc.
Laser engraving is a reaction technology that instantly melts and vaporizes processed materials under laser irradiation. You can use it to engrave large characters. The characters carved by laser engraving are not scratched and the surface of the object is smooth. If you want to buy a laser engraving machine, here is the guid:
Advantages of laser engraving
- Wide range of applications: CO2 laser engraver can engrave and cut almost any non-metallic material. And the price of CO2 laser engraving machine is cheap.
- Safe and reliable: non-contact processing will not cause mechanical compression on the material. Does not deform the material.
- Precise: processing accuracy can reach 0.02mm.
- Environmental protection: the engraving process saves material and electricity.
- Consistent effect: Ensure that the processing effect of the same batch is completely consistent.
- High-speed and fast: It can immediately perform high-speed engraving and cutting according to the graphics output by the computer.
- Low cost: not limited by the number of processing, for small batch processing services, laser engraving is cheaper.
Application of laser engraving
Laser engraving can process almost any material, But it is limited by the power of the laser tube, laser engraving machine mainly engraves non-metallic materials, If you want to engrave metal, please choose fiber laser marking machine.
You can use a laser engraving machine to engrave or cut the following materials: wood, plastic, double-color board, glass, bamboo, foam, cloth, leather, rubber board, stone, artificial stone PVC board, crystal, Corian, paper ect.
Now everything is ready, you can choose laser marking machine or laser engraving machine according to your needs. If you have any questions, please contact us.